Switching from Teams to Families

Options
ruudboy
ruudboy
Community Member

I have tried 1Password Teams and I really like it. However, I think the Families would better suit my needs, so I am wondering if I can convert my 'Team' to a 'Family' account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rob
    Options

Hi, @ruudboy, and welcome to our forum!

For now, you can go on using your existing team for free. At some point you'll have a chance to convert your account to the new family plan. We will let you know when the option is available. :)

• ruudboy
    ruudboy
    Community Member
    Options

OK cool :) But I don't wanna miss out on the current early bird deal (2 extra team members, extra storage).. Any idea if converting will be possible before that deal ends?

• TimL
    TimL
    Community Member
    Options

So, I signed up for 'Teams' but I've yet to add 'members' as I didn't want to pay the amount 'Teams' requires. 'Families' is therefore great news for me BUT exactly what is the process please to switch out of 'Teams' and into 'Families'? I'd like to use the same 'domain' for 'Families' as I chose for 'Teams'.

1Password Version: 6.0.2 (MAS)
    Extension Version: 4.5.3
    OS Version: 10.11.3
    Sync Type: iCloud

• rob
    Options

No worries, @ruudboy! All early-adopters get to enjoy our launch perks, including those who originally signed up for 1Password for Teams. You can relax knowing that we’ve got you covered. :)

• rob
    Options

Hi, @TimL. I've merged your post with this existing thread asking and answering the same question. :)

• ruudboy
    ruudboy
    Community Member
    Options

Cool @rob , thank you for the quick replies. We'll keep on using Teams until we can convert to Family.

• rob
    Options

You're welcome, sounds great!

• TimL
    TimL
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Yep - thank you @rob - I'll await on 'Families' and, from what I understand, will be alerted to the early-bird take-up in due course.

(Looked for an answer to this question before posting and obviously missed it. Another 'senior moment'.)

• Grishkaone
    Grishkaone
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @rob
    When we'll be able to convert the team account to a families account, will there be an option to change the main url ?

• Scuba629
    Scuba629
    Community Member
    Options

@Grishkaone I'm pretty sure you won't be able to change the main url. If you don't like what you have selected I would request another. Also they didn't give a time frame for the conversion link/button or whatever they use.

I'd imagine everyone will be notified via e-mail.

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016
    Options

@TimL: No worries! We've given people a lot of information to take in at once :)

@Grishkaone: There won't be a change to your URL, but you can contact us at forum+support@agilebits.com and we can update it for you! Note that you and your team/family members will need to sign out and back into your account on all devices if you go this route.

@Scuba629: Thanks for helping out!

Please let us know if you have any other questions :)

• tmchow
    tmchow
    Community Member
    Options

Is it possibile to accelerate conversion to a "family" if we are OK with deleting our "Team"?

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @tmchow,

We can definitely help you with that! Will you email support@1password.com so that we can make sure it goes smoothly?

Thanks!

• tmchow
    tmchow
    Community Member
    Options

@Aleen great, just emailed. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tmchow: I don't see anything in our system from this address, but if you can post the Support ID you received we'll get this taken care of for you. Thanks in advance! :)

• bullfish
    bullfish
    Community Member
    Options

I too would like to get this process going as our family is currently waiting for the fix from "Teams" to "Families".

• Ben
    Options

Mine too. :) We'll be sure to let everyone know as soon as it is available. In the mean time we recommend folks continue to use their Teams accounts for their families.

Ben

• fkrauth
    fkrauth
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I just received the latest newsletter from Dave, including a link that explains how to migrate to "Families". However the migration from Teams to Families is not explained. As an "early adopter" I now feel "overseen". At least you could have mentioned that you are working on it.

• skylarp
    skylarp
    Community Member
    Options

@fkrauth I had the same experience! "Ooh, migration, finally! ... Wait, no."

• Ben
    Options

Hi @fkrauth,

I'm sorry we didn't mention it in the newsletter, but it is currently possible to switch from a Team to a Family (but not the reverse):

Sign in to your Teams account, click the team name in the top right, and click Admin Console. Then switch to the Settings tab and click Switch to a Family Account.

Ben

• fkrauth
    fkrauth
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bwoodruff , thanks a lot! It worked. I propose that you add the explanation in the migration article: https://support.1password.com/teams-families-migrate/mac.html

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion, @fkrauth

Ben

• sdrel
    sdrel
    Community Member
    Options

Did the convert from Team BETA to Families. How are monthly payments made?

• fkrauth
    fkrauth
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@sdrel : I got a confirmation page saying that we will be able to add the credit card information later...

here: https://xyz.1password.com/admin/settings

• sdrel
    sdrel
    Community Member
    Options

thanks fkrauth.
    After converting to families, got a phone call and when I got back to computer 1password timed me out. Thought I could just log back in but now getting invalid account key. Was my key changed when I converted? How do I get the new key?

• fkrauth
    fkrauth
    Community Member
    Options

@sdrel No problem here. I just converted from Teams to Families. And I have no problem with the old key. I switched accounts and could still login.

• sdrel
    sdrel
    Community Member
    Options

k, it worked with old key after talking a walk and trying again. alls good.

• sdrel
    sdrel
    Community Member
    Options

fkauth: Just realized problem was using your link above. Seems link required your key!! OK when logging normal way.

• fkrauth
    fkrauth
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry with the link: XYZ should be exchanged against your own chosen name! I should have this made clearer.

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Seems like everyone's sorted in here, but please let us know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.