prefs in app still says 'Teams'. Is that okay?

Options
williamporter
williamporter
Community Member

My new browser-based online account mentions 'Families' in the admin console. But third tab of prefs for the local 1Password 6 app has a flag icon and is labeled 'Teams'. Is that okay? I've restarted computer, etc. but it still says 'Teams'.

NOTE: My personal account history might be relevant. I've been using 1Password for years. Several days ago I signed up for the new service and it seems that, while I meant to sign up for Families, I may have signed up for Teams by accident. Anyway, I subsequently used the 'convert to Families' button in the admin console to fix that. Everything seems to be working and the problem I'm describing now appears only in the local app. I'm guessing the 'Teams' tab in prefs didn't get refreshed when the online account was converted; or the 'Teams' label is a UI detail to be cleaned up later; or perhaps this is nothing at all ('Teams' = 'Teams/Families'). Still, I'd like to confirm everything is hooked up properly before I bring other family members on board....

Will

1Password Version: 6.1 (610005)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@williamporter - The application preferences got the Teams tab first, and it apparently hasn't been modified to say something like Team/Families. If you click that tab, it shows your Team URL, which in my case if certainly for Families, since I never signed up for the Teams beta. And my Account Key is there too.

You're hooked up correctly.

• Ben
    Options

We're working on moving to more consistent terminology within the apps, but for now many references are to "1Password for Teams" only, when in fact they apply equally to either service.

Ben

• williamporter
    williamporter
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Thanks, @hawkmoth (and @bwoodruff). What I suspected but wanted to make sure.

Will

• Ben
    Options

No worries. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.