How do I change my password for 1Password Family?

Options
phil816
phil816
Community Member

Hi,

I signed up for 1Password Family. I would like to change my password there. How do I do that?

BR Philipp

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:How can I change my password, kb:forgot-master-password, kb:change-master-password

Comments

• williamporter
    williamporter
    Community Member
    Options

I changed my 'teams' account password (which is now a family account). I am on a Mac, and perhaps the apps for Windows are different, but I'd be surprised. This is how I did it:

1. Opened the 1Password app on my computer (i.e. NOT the website, but the actual app)
    2. Went to Settings > Teams
    3. I had previously linked my local app to my online teams/family account, but if you haven't done this, you probably need to click the + button and authenticate with your url, email address, account key and password.
    4. Once you see the account listed you can click 'Change Password' button to, um, change your password.

Give it a try using the Windows 1Password 6 app and see if it works.

NOTE that this will change the password for your 'online' (teams/family) account but will NOT automatically change the master password for your local app. If you know that the web account and the local app's master password are different and you'd like them to be the same, then, in the local app, go to Settings > Security and change the app's master password to the same thing you use online.

Will
    (not an AgileBits employee, just a happy customer)

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @phil816!

dahanbn is right; currently you can change your Master Password from 1Password for Mac or iOS or by having an account owner start the reset process. @williamporter's steps for Mac are solid! Here's the process on iOS:

• Launch 1Password for iOS and log in
    • Go to the Settings tab
    • Tap 1Password for Teams
    • Tap your account name
    • Tap Change Password
    • Change your password as instructed :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions :)

This discussion has been closed.