How to get live person for help

Options
tphanlouvong
tphanlouvong
Community Member
edited March 2016 in iOS

Unable to sync my new iPad's 1password with my Desktop macpro. Call me [deleted phone number to protect privacy].

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@tphanlouvong - I deleted your phone number to protect you from the nuisance calls that will come from posting it on a public forum.

These forums are answered by live people, including several AgileBits experts who are patrolling it seven days a week. Describe your difficulties here and someone will be more than happy to help you.

How are you attempting to sync your data from your desktop Mac to your iPad? Do you have the iOS version installed oon your iPad? Have you enabled syncing with either iCloud or Dropbox on both the desktop and the iPad? What happens when you do that?

Have you consulted the section on syncing in the User Guide> Here for the Mac, here for iOS.

• tphanlouvong
    tphanlouvong
    Community Member
    Options

Ipad Ios version 9.2.1
    Ipad was set to sync via Dropbox. Can find my dsktop's sync option

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

The options for chooseing a sync service are found in the 1Password Preferences, which you access on the left side of your menu bar, just next to the Apple symbol. When you have the Preferences open, click on the Sync tab and then pick your choice.

Like this:

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @tphanlouvong,

Sorry you're having some trouble syncing your vault between your Mac and iPad. As @hawkmoth mentioned, we (the 1Password support team) are here to help you on the forums, and the more information you can provide us about your 1Password setup and the problem you're having, the better we'll be able to help you.

You haven't mentioned what version of 1Password you're using, but according to our AgileBits Store sales records, you've only purchased a license for 1Password 3 for Mac from us. Are you still running 1Password 3 on your Mac, or have you bought a more recent version from the Mac App Store? And what version of OS X is your Mac running?

Thanks in advance for these answers. We look forward to helping you get your vault syncing across your devices. :)

This discussion has been closed.