Vault access partialy lost

Options
Stefan Schweizer
Stefan Schweizer
Community Member
edited March 2016 in Families

Hello,
I have setup a 1Password for Teams for my family a few month ago. I did setup a few Vaults and even restricted access to some vaults with the granular options available in 1P4T.

Yesterday or the day before I have seen that I can migrate to 1Password for Families, not thinking about the restrictions I setup on 2 Vaults I just did the migration. Now I saw I can't fully manage those Vaults anymore. I can still see and edit the Items, therefor its no so tragic, its also not that many Items, I could redo them in a new Vault. But I can't move those Items out of that Vault anymore, when I want to move an item from once of the 2 affected vaults to another vault the options are greyed out. I can move from other Vaults in to the 2 affected. I can also delete items but can't empty the recycle bin, says not enough permissions (that was one of the restrictions I set on that Vault).

Any ideas? I think it would be awesome if during the migration those permissions would be reset completely. It says I am an owner in the Dashboard.

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: 1Password for Families

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any ideas? I think it would be awesome if during the migration those permissions would be reset completely. It says I am an owner in the Dashboard.

@Stefan Schweizer: I'm sorry for the trouble! While I'm not certain that resetting permissions that people have explicitly set is the solution, there's certainly room for improvement here. There simply isn't a way to do a 1-to-1 conversion since 1Password for Families doesn't support all of the access controls that 1Password for Teams does.

I think at this point the best thing to do would be to email us directly at Families@1Password.com so we can get this sorted out for. Just be sure to do so using your registered 1Password for Families email address. :)

• Stefan Schweizer
    Stefan Schweizer
    Community Member
    Options

Done, I did send an email. Thank you Brenty!

• Jacob
    Options

@Stefan Schweizer Thanks for sending that in! We'll get back to you as soon as possible. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.