Recommended Solution for Wife & I to share a Vault but keep Kids & other Family separate

Options
bentson
bentson
Community Member

Longtime 1PW user with apps on Mac, Win, & wife and my iPhones.
Just joined Families hoping to organize my Aunt & Parents as well as set-up my HS & College aged kids.

My goal is to place Aunt, Parents and Kids in their own Vaults but allow my wife and I to continue to share a Vault that isn't open to the rest of the Family members.
I intend to keep a separate Vault for my work stuff that my wife doesn't need to access (HIPPA compliance, Military, etc)

I'm sure this isn't a novel set-up but I couldn’t find anything on the forums that addressed it directly.
Link to appropriate thread or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1Password Version: 6.1 (610005)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: DropBox for 'Primary' Vault

Comments

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member
    Options

You can do that.
    Each members, you will create, will automatically have a "Personal" vault. So you can't share them between members.
    To share a vault with your wife, you just have to create a vault "nameasyouwant" and add you wife as a member of this vault.

You also have a "Shared" vault which is by default shared with all members of your team family.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bentson: Spinacle is right on. Each Family/Team member will have their own "Personal" vault, and then there's a "Shared" vault for the whole Family/Team. These are there by default and cannot be modified, but as Spinacle pointed out, you can always create additional vaults to share only with specific Family/Team members — or keep to yourself. There's a lot of flexibly, and ultimately it's up to you how you organize things. Cheers! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, there's been a lot of good discussion about planning for the future. Thanks for sharing that! :pirate:

This discussion has been closed.