Syncing Vaults

Options
CP6iH
CP6iH
Community Member

Hello,

I installed 1Password on my wife's iPhone (6), and when I tried to sync a vault that I created specifically for her, I discovered that I couldn't sync only her vault, but that I had to sync the primary vault as well. I want only her vault on her phone, and only my vault on my phone. Is that possible, and if so, how?

Thank you!!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@CP6iH it sounds as though you're using wi-fi to sync, in which case the primary vault will always sync at the same time as any secondary vault. There are two options which enable sync of a specific secondary vault only: Dropbox or the new 1Password subscription service, 1Password for Families.

The best place to start comparing the options is with this knowledge base article, which contains links to various excerpts from the relevant user guides, and to other knowledge base articles:

How to sync your 1Password data

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@CP6iH: Indeed, Wi-Fi Sync cannot exclude the primary vault, but you can use Dropbox Sync to share individual vaults — which is actually a lot nicer since you set it up and it syncs automatically in the background. Or you could also use 1Password for Families, which is just a single login, rather than having to setup and manage sync settings — and you'd automatically have a Shared vault for items your wife might need to access. Cheers! :)

• CP6iH
    CP6iH
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Stephen and Brenty. It was Wi-Fi sync that was the problem. Got that fixed and things seem to be working just fine.

Cheers!

• Ben
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.