we have family plan and having trouble getting on IPhone

Options
mbosler
mbosler
Community Member

Have 1Password on wife's MacBook Air, working good. Can not get it working on her IPad or IPhone. She has only Primary vault on IPad & IPhone cannot find Shared Vault or any other Vault. The little color wheel which you click to open other vaults is on her MacBook Air when you open 1Password but not on her IPad or IPhone. When she opens 1Password on her IPhone or IPad she has to use a different password to open 1Password then the one we use on our other devices. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Mark

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.2.1
Sync Type: Icloud
Referrer: kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi Mark ( @mbosler ),

Thanks for taking the time to write in!

First I'd recommend making a backup of your wife's iPhone & iPad:

Creating and restoring 1Password backups in iTunes (iOS)

Is there information in her Primary vault that is not in her Personal vault that is part of the Family account? If so, is that desirable, or do you want all of the information to be part of the Family account?

The Primary vault is a "local" vault. It is not part of the Family account. It may be synced by Dropbox, or iCloud. In most cases folks replace this with their Personal vault from the Family account. If there is data stored in her Primary vault that she'd like to move to the Personal vault we have details available here:

(Mac) Migrate to a Family or Team account

If all of her data is already part of the Family account, then you can simply uninstall 1Password for iOS, reinstall it, and have her sign into her 1Password account.

(iOS) Quick Start: 1Password Families and Teams

I hope that helps!

Ben

• mbosler
    mbosler
    Community Member
    Options

How do I uninstall 1Password for IOS on her iPhone and Ipad

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2016
    Options

1Password can be uninstalled the same as any other iOS app: press and hold on the icon on the home screen until all of the icons start jiggling. An "x" will appear in the upper left hand corner of the icons at this point. Tapping on the "x" will delete the app.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.