Citibank username login issues [manually save new login]

2»

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cars10,

Can I ask you the following questions please.

1. What operating system do you use and what version?
    2. What version of 1Password are you running?
    3. What is your preferred browser and the version of that browser?
    4. What version of the 1Password extension is installed?
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cars10: I'm sorry for not being clearer. Even if you're not able to get the username to save correctly, you can always open the main 1Password app and edit the item details there to correct that. Then 1Password will have your actual username to fill next time.

If you're still having trouble, be sure to included the information lil bobby requested. That way we can give step by step instructions tailored to your setup. It's working for me and we'll get it working for you too! :)

• cars10
    cars10
    Community Member

yeah I edited the information inside 1pw, its all there.

running latest versions of everything on chrome, win8.1

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cars10: Thanks for the info! I just tested this myself with 1Password 4.6.0.604, Chrome 49.0.2623.87 m, and extension 4.5.5.90 on Windows 10.

Retracing the steps in my previous post, I was able to save a new Citi login, edit the item to fix the **** in my username (the field is called USERNAME-citiTextBlur), and have 1Password fill and submit to log me in to my account.

But just to be sure, I booted my dormant Windows 8 machine, did all its updates, restarted, and tested it there as well. The results were the same. One thing I happened to notice this time around is that https://www.accountonline.citibank.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do now redirects to https://accountonline.citi.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do — but the page seems to be identical, as I hadn't even noticed this previously because by old login still works.

Since you're definitely not on the latest version of Windows, be sure to check the actual version numbers of everything else too, as it will either be something wrong with the site itself (unlikely, since it seems to be working fine here today) or something different about your particular setup.

And if you're still having trouble, be sure to let me know the exact steps you're taking and where you're running into trouble. Thanks in advance! :)

• cars10
    cars10
    Community Member
    edited March 2016

I appreciate your commitment to helping me with this, very kind.
    I took a video of the steps I did so we can rule out any confusion.

Edit: Video removed by moderator to protect privacy.

unfortunately the quality got really killed. but it should be enough to show what i did, i think.
    looked for username in the list of fields, edited it, then tried to insert it after reloading the citi page. it fills in the username correctly, but leaves password blank. (the password is not blank in the 1pw program)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cars10,

Citi seem to have 101 different login pages. Quite frankly I'd weep if I had to maintain a site like that. So based on the visible part of the page in your video it seems you might be visiting https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/citi.action which from page one of this thread seems to be a page we don't work with.

I then visited https://online.citi.com/US/JPS/portal/Index.do and what I found was that if I created a Login item on that page that regardless of the obscured state of the username the Login item created correctly recorded everything and that when I attempted to fill it worked. I can't verify that I can log in as I don't have an account with Citi to test with but in theory everything looks okay. I also don't know why they have so many different login page scattered over multiple subdomains or if they differ at all once you log in.

Am I correct with the URL you're trying to use and do you find as I do that if you try to log in at the likes of https://online.citi.com/US/JPS/portal/Index.do that it behaves better?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cars10: Honestly, I was relieved by the poor quality, as I was concerned that someone (though certainly not me) might be able to pick up some of your information from the video. But since lil bobby could seemingly read the URL, I removed the link to be on the safe side.

While I couldn't make out the URL myself, as a longtime Citi customer, I can tell just by looking at the page itself that that's a different URL than the one I use and suggested in the guide I posted earlier. If you're not using the same one I am, that would explain why you're getting very different results from me. Please save a new Citi Login item manually at the following URL:

https://accountonline.citi.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do

Actually saving the Login there (as opposed to simply adding the URL to an existing item) is important because it will allow 1Password to save information from that very login form that will help it fill for you in the future. From the video, it looks like you're doing everything else right though, so this adjustment should do the trick for you. :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

@brenty: Just to say I couldn't read anything, I kept clicking around their site until I found a page that looked the same. Why it's so easy to find so many different looking login pages is something I will likely never understand.

• cars10
    cars10
    Community Member

Brenty, thanks for your concern, but i was typing in "Test123" as the username and password. There wasn't any sensitive data visible.

Littlebobby, that URL works fine. I can save and log in with 1pw. I have no problem with using that URL and just changing my bookmark.
    This effectively solves my problem.
    Thank you very much, you have both been very helpful.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cars10,

I'm glad to hear the alternative URL works for you :smile: I think I found at least three different looking login pages in my semi-random clicking which is a design that just baffles me. At least one of them works!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Brenty, thanks for your concern, but i was typing in "Test123" as the username and password. There wasn't any sensitive data visible.

Aha! That's a relief. I'm happy to err on the side of caution any day, but it sounds like you took your own precautions and beat me to it!

Littlebobby, that URL works fine. I can save and log in with 1pw. I have no problem with using that URL and just changing my bookmark. This effectively solves my problem. Thank you very much, you have both been very helpful. It sounds like if lil bobby had waited just a bit longer to reply, he could claim to have been able to read the text to know that it was dummy data, and then we could all be astonished by his ocular acumen. :lol:

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that helped. I login to the Citi website pretty regularly, so I can appreciate the frustration of having difficulty with it. We're here if you need anything else! :sunglasses:

• timothygs
    timothygs
    Community Member

1password skips past the username and only inserts the password. This seems to be only for my Citibank login.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:1password skips past the username and only inserts the password

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @timothygs. Thanks for your post. I've merged it with another thread about Citi logins. I hope you don't mind, but this thread has some good tips from @brenty. I have also been working on improving our login process with Citi this week and getting feedback from @brenty as well. It looks like there is still some more work to be done, but we're making strides. I'm hopeful that in 1Password for Mac 6.2 we will be in better shape here. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

• timothygs
    timothygs
    Community Member

https://accountonline.citi.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do just worked for me. It takes you to an odd looking page at Citi login, but it worked with my 1password, Mac, El Capitan.

• timothygs
    timothygs
    Community Member

FYI... I went into my 1password and edited the existing Citi login by substituting this URL
    https://accountonline.citi.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do
    Saved it... and tested it.
    All good
    Thank you all...

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Great! Thanks, @timothygs. We're still working to squash as much of the bugginess as we can, but Citi seem pretty determined to make this as difficult as possible. :)

This discussion has been closed.