I want to use 1Password to log in to my account with Touchnote.com. They say their app is not compat

Options
stevemoran
stevemoran
Community Member

I log in using their mobile app, not their web app. They tell me the mobile app is not compatible with 1Password, only the web log in is. What to do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS9.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I want to use 1Password to log in to my account with Touchnote.com. They say their app is not compat

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@stevemoran - !Password for iOS can only log in to applications if the developer of those applications adds some special code to allow 1Password to communicate with it. This has to do with Apple's sandboxing requirements that keep applications from stepping on each other and to keep malicious code from bringing everything down. Many developers have done that, but even more have not, apparently including Touchnote. Unless they add that bit of code, you will have to use copy and paste from 1Password to log in.

There is a list of applications known to AgileBits that have added integration with 1Password here: Apps ❤ 1Password

And here is a post that you could send to Touchnote to explain how to add this code to their own application: 1Password App Extension

• Ben
    Options

Hawkmoth is spot on here. Please do send them the link at the bottom of his message and encourage them to add support for 1Password. :)

Ben

• stevemoran
    stevemoran
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your input. I have forwarded your idea and the coding instructions to Touchnote. I'm awaiting their response. The thing is I can log in to their web app, but it's cumbersome and the mobile app is much more user friendly. That's the app I want to set up using 1Password.

• Ben
    Options

Yep, understood. The information contained in that second link should give Tuchnote everything they need to add 1Password support to their mobile app. :)

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.