Does 1Password modify "stay logged in"

…without visually showing it?
I've found another issue in Chrome with 1Password and Google.

When I logon to any Google site via 1Password, I make sure the "stay logged in" checkbox is checked, then I press Command + \ to login, as I know the Chrome extension does not yet support checkboxes. The checkbox stays checked, and all seems well.

However, when I then quit Chrome and reload it, I am signed out of Google. I have tried this numerous times, and it is only an issue with 1Password. When I manually type in my username and password and check the box, I stay signed in after quitting and reloading.

I can only assume this has something to do with the way 1Password submits the form. It does not seem to uncheck the box, as I think I would notice that. However, it is a very annoying bug.

Once again, this is only persuading me to stick with LastPass and Chrome (as I do not want to switch back to Safari).

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce this using the latest stable version of Chrome (10.0.648.204) and 1Password 3.6.0.BETA-2.

The Chrome extension is literally ignoring checkboxes at the moment, so whether or not the box is checked depends entirely upon user input. If you check the box before filling the login with 1Password, the box will be submitted in a "checked" state to the site. Likewise if you uncheck the box before you fill the login. The box (and its associated state) remains entirely untouched by 1Password throughout the process.

Are you using a developer or beta build of Chrome? Does the issue persist even if you uninstall the 1Password extension?

Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • khad wrote:

Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce this using the latest stable version of Chrome (10.0.648.204) and 1Password 3.6.0.BETA-2.

The Chrome extension is literally ignoring checkboxes at the moment, so whether or not the box is checked depends entirely upon user input. If you check the box before filling the login with 1Password, the box will be submitted in a "checked" state to the site. Likewise if you uncheck the box before you fill the login. The box (and its associated state) remains entirely untouched by 1Password throughout the process.

Are you using a developer or beta build of Chrome? Does the issue persist even if you uninstall the 1Password extension?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

I'm using the latest stable version of Chrome. The issue is only present with the 1Password extension installed. Even with it installed, if I manually type in my login information, Google stays logged in. It's ONLY when I use autofill + autosubmit that Google will log out every time I quit Chrome.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2011
    Hey djshack,

Brenty and I went round and round on this one. It turns out that the the PersistentCookie value is in fact being submitted despite not being visually represented by the state of the checkbox.

RAoW.Screen%20shot%202011-03-25%20at%2019%3A14%3A21.png

To always have "Stay signed in" use the state of the checkbox when you invoke 1Password to fill and submit the login, remove the PersistentCookie field from your Gmail login.

We are looking to have the state of the checkbox visually represented in a future update. I'm really sorry for the confusion here.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

We are always here to help!
  • We made a lot of changes to how checkboxes are handled in the latest Chrome extension that we released today (3.6.0.30930).

Please update (here's how to force the update to happen immediately) and see if it solves the problems you experienced.

I hope that helps!
  • Lex
    Lex
    Community Member
    Hi. I have the same issue. I use Chrome extension on the Mac and Windows with Chrome beta (12). This issue happens only with Windows. It doesn't happen with the Mac. I tried to uncheck persistent cookie in the google item in 1password but it doesn't work.
    It's very annoying.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2011
    Unfortunately, Lex, at this time the Windows version of the Chrome extension does not contain all the fixes that the Mac version does. It will eventually, and we thank you for your patience here! I know the developers are working hard on all the browser extensions.

The good news is that Chrome updates extensions automatically, so as soon as the fix is available for the Windows version of the Chrome extension, Chrome will install it for you. Nice! :-)

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with!
  • Lex
    Lex
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Unfortunately, Lex, at this time the Windows version of the Chrome extension does not contain all the fixes that the Mac version does. It will eventually, and we thank you for your patience here! I know the developers are working hard on all the browser extensions.

The good news is that Chrome updates extensions automatically, so as soon as the fix is available for the Windows version of the Chrome extension, Chrome will install it for you. Nice! :-)

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

Hi khad, thank you for your answer. I know that Chrome will update for me the extension automatically, the problem is when....because I purchased a license for the Mac but I'm in the trial mode in 2 pc windows and I'm not going to buy the 2 licenses for windows until that issue is not fixed. I know that could be odd, but I'm a gmail user and in windows I use the web client... :)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2011
    I am sorry I don't have a time frame for a specific release at the moment. Are you trying to always stay signed in or never stay signed in? Have you tried removing the PersistentCookie field (not merely unchecking it) from the Login item as I described above? Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • Lex
    Lex
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

I am sorry I don't have a time frame for a specific release at the moment. Are you trying to always stay signed in or never stay signed in? Have you tried removing the PersistentCookie field (not merely unchecking it) from the Login item as I described above? Please let me know.

Thanks!

I'm trying to always stay signed. Yes I tried to remove PersistentCookie but it doesn't work.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2011
    Gmail should respect the state of the "Stay logged in" checkbox if you have removed PersistentCookie field. If it is not, an update to the Chrome extension for Windows will eventually resolve this. I'm sorry I don't have a time frame at the moment.
  • Lex
    Lex
    Community Member
    edited June 2011
    Ok now it works. The problem was that I unchecked the PersistentCookie box instead of removing the field. Removing the PersistentCookie field pushing the "-" button it works.
    Thanks and sorry for the noise.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Phew! I thought I was taking crazy pills. I could have sworn Brent and I covered that to death and I posted our findings above. I'm glad to know everything is working well for you. :-)
  • Lex
    Lex
    Community Member
    edited June 2011
    khad wrote:

I'm glad to know everything is working well for you. :-)

Thank you so much :)
    Bye
  • On behalf of Khad, you are very welcome!

Don't be a stranger!

Bye
This discussion has been closed.