AGAlumB
AGAlumB
1Password Alumni

Comments

• sasha
    sasha
    Community Member
    Options

I have the similar issue for long while. My ios devices rejects the master pw I use for 1PW on my Mac.... I can only use 1pw on my mac.... so frustrating. Must get real human support, please. ios version: 9.2.1; mac: Yosemite

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sasha: We're all real humans here, so no worries! I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a separate discussion so we can focus on your setup, rather than confusing those participating in the other discussion.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Master Password! For your privacy and security, your Master Password is known only by you. No information about your Master Password is ever sent to us. We cannot reset it for you and you cannot change it without entering the old one.

There is also no "back door" to access your data without the Master Password. Nor do we have any information about your Master Password we could use to help you find it. If there were, that would be a security hole that could be exploited to gain access to your secure information, even if we were the only ones who could exploit it. This way, no one, not even someone at AgileBits, can read your secure data. Please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

My Master Password is not being accepted

However, it sounds like you may have simply set up a different Master Password on your iPad than you did on your Mac. Like a phone number or postal address, if it’s not correct it doesn’t reach who it’s intended for — or in the case of the Master Password, 1Password doesn’t unlock as intended. If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

This discussion has been closed.