TouchID not working after update to iOS 9.3 yesterday

Options
xigrix
xigrix
Community Member

I was using the betas during 9.3 prior to official release yesterday and 1Password worked flawlessly. After updating yesterday to the official release, I've noticed that when I start the app, the prompt to place finger on touchID does not appear and asks for my password. My settings indicate that touchID is enabled and there are no issues with touchID in other apps so it's not the sensor. Wondering if you had seen this issue or have been getting similar posts regarding this issue

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @xigrix,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. After the device reboots your Master Password will be required once to enable Touch ID. That is a limitation we are working on, but at present is how things work. Once you've entered your Master Password Touch ID should be re-enabled though. Is that not the case?

Ben

• xigrix
    xigrix
    Community Member
    Options

Tried it. Still not giving me the option. I've even deleted the app, redownloaded, put in master password as per the norm with first time use. But as soon as I leave the app and try to reopen, there is no prompt to place finger. I can tell that it seems to be hung up, but then asks for master password every single time

• xigrix
    xigrix
    Community Member
    Options

I tried hard resetting the phone before posting without any success. Just did another hard reset and the functionality seems to have returned. Weird why the first 1 didn't help

• Ben
    Options

Agreed, but glad to hear you were able to get this figured out. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.