Now beta 21 and still no add or edit function.

teal_oak
teal_oak
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have to admit that I have stopped using Windows 10 beta and use the desktop version. 21 betas on and still no add or edit function which is fairly fundamental to a password program. I use the windows phone app as lookup only when away from home.

I am beginning to regret my move from Last Pass.

1Password Version: beta 21
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: onedrive

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016

@teal_oak: Sorry for the confusion! It sounds like the problem you were having is that you were trying to edit a local vault in OneDrive with the 1Password for Windows 10 beta. These are read-only in the beta, so you can copy data from an existing vault to 1Password for Families (or Teams), which do support editing.

As you mentioned, the 1Password for Windows desktop app fully supports local AgileKeychain and OPVaults, so I'm glad that's working for you. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions or feedback! :)

• teal_oak
    teal_oak
    Community Member

Hi
    I run 1P on Windows phone, and both 1P Desktop and 1P windows 10 beta. I have paid and registered to use 1P Desktop. I have one opvaults file on Onedrive on my computer which syncs with the cloud onedrive. I can only edit/add on 1P Desktop but can view changes/additions on the Windows phone and Wind10 beta apps.
    I do not want to subscribe to 1P families/team.

Are there plans to be able to add and edit on the universal platform windows 10 apps using onedrive or dropbox or was I premature in moving from LastPass (which could but data stored on their server).

Regards

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I run 1P on Windows phone, and both 1P Desktop and 1P windows 10 beta. I have paid and registered to use 1P Desktop. I have one opvaults file on Onedrive on my computer which syncs with the cloud onedrive. I can only edit/add on 1P Desktop but can view changes/additions on the Windows phone and Wind10 beta apps.
    I do not want to subscribe to 1P families/team.

@teal_oak: Thanks for following up. Understood. I was just pointing out that the 1Password for Windows 10 beta app currently only supports editing for 1Password for Teams/Families vaults.

Are there plans to be able to add and edit on the universal platform windows 10 apps using onedrive or dropbox or was I premature in moving from LastPass (which could but data stored on their server).

We'd like to add editing for local 1Password vaults as well. But for now, as you mentioned, the 1Password for Windows desktop app fully supports editing your local vaults. We're improving the beta every day, but the focus of the beta currently is 1Password for Teams/Families. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for letting us know that feature is important to you!

This discussion has been closed.