Pro features

Options
mobabs
mobabs
Community Member

I have the pro features on my desktop app, why can't I get them on in iOS apps? Do I have to pay twice?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:Pro categories on ios, kb:pro-features-faq

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@mobabs - There are no Pro features for the desktop apps. Those are fully featured without any additional add-ons.

The "Pro" features do apply to the iOS version, though. The iOS application is free to download and use in its basic form, but if you want or need the more advanced Pro features, they require a separate in-app purchase to activate. 1Password applications are sold completely separately by platform, so whatever you are licensed to use on your desktop won't affect licenses on mobile devices, which both (Android and iOS) run on separate platforms from the desktop version.

• mobabs
    mobabs
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@hawkmoth - Oh, I see. If I upgrade to the Pro features, will the same app work on both my iPad and my iPhone?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, as long as both of them use the same Apple ID. Apple doesn't permit sharing in-app purchases across different Apple IDs. I have Pro features on my iPhone and iPad because they do share their Apple ID.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mobabs: Indeed, so long as you install 1Password, purchase the Pro Features, and use the app all using the same Apple ID, you can use it on all of your iOS devices. As far as I know Apple doesn't place any sort of limit on how many you can have using the same Apple ID. Cheers! :)

• mobabs
    mobabs
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks (both) for your help.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mobabs on behalf of @brenty and @hawkmoth you are very welcome :)

Please let us know if we can help you with anything else.

This discussion has been closed.