Restore app and data

Options
rbanziger
rbanziger
Community Member

I went swimming with my I phone and it no longer functions. I have never backed up 1password or I am not aware if I did. Is there a way to recover 1password and all the info I have in it?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@rbanziger - Is your entire phone backed up, either to iTunes or automatically to iCloud? If it is, you probably can get your 1Password data back if you restore you new phone from the old phone's backup. That hasn't been 100% reliable for 1Password data recovery, so you may have to restore more than once.

Or have you set up syncing of 1Password to Dropbox or iCloud?

If you have never backed up your 1Password data or your phone, or synced your data to the cloud, you will be faced with starting over from scratch. By default, 1Password data is only stored on the device where it is created. It is never transmitted anywhere, unless the user specifies that it should.

However you find you must proceed, be sure you initiate a backup process for your new phone and for your 1Password data. Directions for backing up to iTunes are found here: Creating and restoring 1Password backups in iTunes (iOS) The switch fgor backing up your entire phone to iCloud is found on the summary page for your device in iTunes.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rbanziger,

I am so sorry to hear that your iPhone is not working anymore - that sounds like a nightmare to me.

@hawkmoth is right. If you have an iCloud backup of the whole phone you might be able to get your 1Password data back that way. Did you backup your iPhone via iCloud?

Also did you maybe use any sync method like Dropbox, Wifi or iCloud sync for 1Password?

This discussion has been closed.