Prompt to save after successful login.

Options

Hopefully i can articulate this properly - sometimes a site will come up and I have not added it to 1P and I may have multiple credentials for a given site. Sometimes you enter your credentials and as soon as you submit before the browser logs in your halted by 1P to save your login info. But at this point you don't know if your credentials worked thus saving the wrong data. Is it possible to delay the save password until after the site confirmed or rejected the login attempt?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ocean West,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this! I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum.

So, just to be clear, the autosave prompt from 1Password does not actually halt the sign-in process on the web site. When you enter your username/password on a site and submit the form, and a 1Password window appears and asks if you want to save a new Login item, the website is still working behind that window. If you can't see the website because that 1Password prompt is in the way, simply drag it out out of the way so you can see if you successfully signed into that website or not. If it worked, you can click 'Save Login'. If it didn't work, you can click 'Not Now' and try again.

Does that help? If you're having trouble with that or have more questions, please let us know - we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.