i can't figure out how to use it on my iphone

Options
dougnylon
dougnylon
Community Member

i can't even figure out where to begin - why is the help function so convoluted and awful? i've downloaded the app to my iPhone, and synched with my mac - now what do i do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:i can't even begin to figure out how to use it on my iphone

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@dougnylon - Have a look at the iOS User Guide. It should help you get started. Then if you have specific questions, post back and someone will help you. The direct link to the User Guide is here.

• dougnylon
    dougnylon
    Community Member
    Options

i started there - does it open up and say how to do it? no. it really is very, very user unfriendly

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dougnylon,

If you're having trouble with the guide please let us know what step you are running into trouble with and we'll be happy to help.

Ben

• dougnylon
    dougnylon
    Community Member
    Options

let me ask you this - can i actually use 1password on my phone to unlock apps, or is it basically just a repository of information so that i don't have to carry around my mac? i thought once it was synched you could use it on the phone to open apps, but i'm coming to the view that it doesn't actually do that

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

It will open some apps, but only if the other developer has incorporated code to allow 1Password to communicate with it. You can see more about this in the User Guide I already mentioned, in this section.

There is also more information in the same part of the user guide about activating and using the extension, which is required to use it for submitting credentials through Safari for web sites or applications that have the required interface.

• Ben
    Options

Hawkmoth answered just as well as I could have, but if you have further questions or concerns please let us know! :)

Ben

• dougnylon
    dougnylon
    Community Member
    Options

ok - having looked at the apps, none of them are particularly useful. so for now, its just a repository of info that is easier to carry around...

• Ben
    Options

If there is an app you'd like to see 1Password support included in please feel free to reach out to their development team with this link:

AgileBits/onepassword-app-extension: 1Password Extension for iOS Apps

We're happy to help any interested developers integrate our app extension. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.