Teams/Families bug

AdamP
AdamP
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm having a recurring problem where the 1Password app will sporadically lose access to everything in all vaults (in both my Team and Family accounts). The data is still there on the 1Password servers through the web and other applications on other platforms, but the app will look like this screenshot, and neither restarting the app nor the entire computer will fix it.

This seemingly happens at random, and the only way I can seem to fix it when this happens is to uninstall the app entirely and reconnect the respective Family and Team accounts after a fresh install.

1Password Version: 2016.3.2300
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Teams/Families

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @swivelman, this is a known issue that we're working on right now, but a temporary workaround is to completely close the app after you first sign in.

Also, you do not need to uninstall the entire app to remove a Team, simply click on the "gear" icon (next to the red warning icon in your screenshot) and select sign out. You can then click the "Join Team or add Vault" button to sign back into your Team.

• AdamP
    AdamP
    Community Member

@mohamedosman, I'm not sure what you mean by completely closing the app. Closing the app at any time does not fix it for me. Can you provide more detail on what you mean in case I am misunderstanding?

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

@swivelman, sorry I should've been clearer: by completely closing the app I simply meant exiting, but he trick is to do this right after you first sign into your Team.

In any case, this issue will be resolved in the next version of the app which will release soon :).

This discussion has been closed.