1 password on iPhone always has wrong password when Sync with Dropbox

Options
JonPfeffer
JonPfeffer
Community Member

I set up 1 Password 4.6.0.604 on Windows 10 PC.
Its password vault is on Dropbox (1Password.agilekeychain).
I set up 1 Password on iOS 9.2.1 iPhone.
It fails setting up a sync with dropbox. It states the password is incorrect.
I enter the same password that I used when creating the vault (from the Windows 10 PC).

Is it expecting the master password for the vault which is located on Dropbox?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 9.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Is it expecting the master password for the vault which is located on Dropbox?

@JonPfeffer: It sounds like that's the case, but be sure to pay close attention to the message, as it will tell you definitively. For example, when you setup Dropbox Sync, you'll first need to authenticate with Dropbox using your Dropbox username and password, and then when you select a vault to sync with, you'll need to enter the Master Password for that vault.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• JonPfeffer
    JonPfeffer
    Community Member
    Options

If I try to sync the Prinary vault, I get messages about vault discrepancies. If I try to sync it as an additional vault, The password is always incorrect no matter what I try.

For both the iPhone and Windows 10 PC, I choose the vault location as being in Dropbox.

I know both the Dropbox password and the vault password, neither are accepted.

• Ben
    Options

@JonPfeffer

Does more than one keychain come up as a possible selection when setting up Dropbox sync on iOS? Do you really only have 3 items in the Dropbox vault?

I'd like to get a better idea of what is going on "under the hood" here. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• JonPfeffer
    JonPfeffer
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, I constructed the email and got the following email title back:

Re: [#NIU-78755-391] 1Password for iOS and Windows Diagnostic Reports

Regards,
    Jon

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JonPfeffer: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: NIU-78755-391

This discussion has been closed.