I want to use 1Password on all my devices: iMac, iPad, iPhone, and Windows and link them all.

Options
stevenckey
stevenckey
Community Member

Your purchase options appear to be only for ipad and iphone???

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:sync-options

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @stevenckey,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. A 1Password for Families subscription includes access to all of our compatible apps, including Mac, iOS, and Windows 10 (beta).

1Password for Families

I hope that helps!

Ben

• stevenckey
    stevenckey
    Community Member
    Options

OK Ben so the question of the hour: is the For Families option the best for a retired couple only, or two single memberships??

• Ben
    Options

1Password for Families is the best technical option as it makes having all of your data available on all of your devices an automatic process -- just sign into your 1Password account once you've installed the apps. No mucking about with sync settings and 3rd party sync providers.

From a financial perspective... Math isn't my strong suit but I'll be happy to run some numbers for you.

If you want to license the apps (without a Families subscription):

2x 1Password licenses @ $64.99 ea = $129.98
    1Password for iOS Pro features = $10 (assuming a single shared Apple ID -- if you have two multiply by 2)
    = $139.98 (or $149.98 if you have two Apple IDs)

That licenses you for all of your devices for the current versions. It does not include any future paid upgrades, and you're not covered if you switch to Android, for example.

If you go with the 1Password for Families subscription:

All our supported apps are included
    1Password for Families for up to 5 family members = $5 / mo
    Early adopter special adds 2 additional family member slots, 1 extra GB of data storage, and 2 months free ($10 credit).
    If you pay annually instead of monthly there is a 20% discount ($4 / mo instead).
    = $60 for the first 16 months (1st month free for everyone, +2 months free from the early adopter bonus, +1 more month free if you complete all of your quests) if paying monthly
    OR
    = $48 for the first 16 months if paying annually

Either way the 1Password for Families subscription is less expensive for a minimum of 2 years. It also makes budgeting easier, vs waiting and seeing about paid upgrades (especially when considering both desktop and mobile).

I can see how some individuals who only have one or maybe two devices and really have no desire to share any 1Password data with another 1Password user might want to license the apps, and opt to go that route vs the subscription. For pretty much everyone else I truly personally believe the subscription is the better option. Ultimately the choice is yours, of course.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.