Changed master password, sync issues

otsego
edited June 2011 in iOS
I just changed the 1Password Master Password on my PC running 1.0.6.BETA-195 for Windows. My 1Password Keychain is stored on Dropbox. I then proceeded on my iOS devices (iPhone and iPad) with clearing the sync settings and setting them up again, Dropbox login goes smooth and then when I'm asked to type in the Master Password used on the PC I only get an error. I tried the new one and the old password, it just won't accept the master password. The password is standard alphanumerical case-sensitive without any fancy characters. What's happened, and why am I not able to sync my 1Password keychain om my iOS devices anymore? (P.S. my Android device synced correctly)

EDIT:

I also noticed that while accessing the 1Password database through 1Password for Mac I get the error AGDatabaseError "Exception: Encryption keys file exist but cannot be loaded"

EDIT2:

I've also tried repairing the database from within 1Password for Windows, says it's fine.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forum, otsego! I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

The error you are seeing about the encryption keys not being found is usually corrected by — ironically enough — changing your master password. This forces the recreation of the 1password.keys file inside 1Password's data file. Try changing your master password once more. You can even change it right back to the one you are currently using, but the change should force the recreation of the 1password.keys file.

On you Mac, the file is inside the 1Password.agilekeychain bundle. On your PC, the bundle is displayed as a folder. This is the file you are looking for, if you are curious or just want to verify that it has been recreated after you change your master password:

1Password.agilekeychain > data > default > 1password.keys

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • otsego
    edited June 2011
    Unfortunately, changing the password did not do anything. I've changed it several times within 1Password latest BETA for Windows, but it still fails to open the keychain on Mac and iOS.

EDIT: I tried on several workarounds and finally found one working. My first thought was to export everything as a 1Password Interchangable File, create a new database and import everything. This proved difficult as whenever i exported the 1PIF file in Windows and imported it again it would only import the logins (not credit card details, secure notes and so on). I finally tried exporting in Windows, creating a new database on the Mac and importing the PIF file there. The last solution proved to work just fine. However, not sure, I would check out whether the latest 1Password BETA might break the database after changing passwords rendering it useless on Macs and iOS-devices. And the second one is whether 1Password Beta for Windows is able to succesfully import PIF files.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    otsego wrote:

Unfortunately, changing the password did not do anything. I've changed it several times within 1Password latest BETA for Windows, but it still fails to open the keychain on Mac and iOS.

Please download 1.0.6.BETA-196 and then change your master password again. This should fix the problem. Can you confirm this, please?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.