1Password Browser Cache

How to delete cached/downloaded files?
When you login to a protected site, using the 1Password browser, and download a file (say a PDF for example) where is the file saved to so that it may later be deleted?
For that matter, how does one delete 1Password's browser cache, history, cookies etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Sorry, but my concern is not security, but rather reclaiming valuable storage space that is used up with downloaded files that are no longer needed. When a file is downloaded using 1Password's browser, how does the space used by that file ever get recovered (ie freed up) ???
  • jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    msl wrote:

When a file is downloaded using 1Password's browser, how does the space used by that file ever get recovered (ie freed up) ???

Hi MSL,

That is a very good question. I don't have an answer for you immediately, as I need to check with Roustem. Roustem is on his way to Cupertino at the moment, so it may be a while before we can give you an answer on this.

However, temporary data should certainly be cleared if you fully exit the application.
    The way to restart an application on iOS 4.2 or 4.3 is

1) Press the Home button twice, it'll bring up the multitasking bar

2) Find 1Password, tap and hold it for a few seconds till you see the red "-" sign shows up

3) Tap the - sign to remove it off the multitasking bar

4) Press the home button twice to get rid to the bar and now start 1Password again

I hope that this is some help until I can get a more complete answer for you.

Cheers,

-j
  • jpgoldberg wrote:

That is a very good question. I don't have an answer for you immediately, as I need to check with Roustem. Roustem is on his way to Cupertino at the moment, so it may be a while before we can give you an answer on this.

However, temporary data should certainly be cleared if you fully exit the application.

As far as I am aware, temporary data files (ie cache files) are normally not cleared when a browser is quit. In any case, the much greater concern are larger files (PDF's videos etc) as there appears to be no way to delete them other than by temporarily deleting the 1Password application itself. I'll look forward to hearing the answer to this issue and am surprised it has not come up before!

Thanks
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2011
    I imagine that there is a cache age or size limit but iOS manages this automatically when 1Password is backgrounded. We are waiting to get confirmation from the developers who are out of town at the moment.

Thanks for your patience on this.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Roustem has verified that the cache, etc. is managed automatically by UIWebView. We don't do anything fancy here, and my understanding is that UIWebView does not cache anything by default except some cookies. There should not be any significant space gains reinstalling 1Password.
This discussion has been closed.