Can I create a vault that will share with everyone by default?

Options
Chdsbd
Chdsbd
Community Member

For 1Password Families, is it possible to create a vault that is shared by all members by default?
Or do I need to manually add all new members?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can I create a vault that will share with everyone by default?

Comments

• Chdsbd
    Chdsbd
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, it seems that by default there is a vault that everyone can access, but I believe I must have deleted that. Is there anyway I can recreated that vault?

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I believe it's not possible to delete the Shared or Personal vaults .. Do you also not see it on the Web Page under the Vaults tab?

• Chdsbd
    Chdsbd
    Community Member
    Options

It is definitely not under the shared section. Also, I just checked and I can't delete my personal vault.
    Maybe this has to do with my transferring from a team to family account.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@rr0ss0rr

Shared Vaults can be deleted now since beta 77
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/61461/beta-77-release-notes#latest

@Chdsbd

Not sure on the issue, I am afraid Ill have to leave this to the staff. If I see anything in passing tonight Ill post back.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@thightower Where do you find the beta release notes? I have always gone to https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM4#webstore and then put a check mark in the beta box, but I don't see a beta 77 release?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@iamecho

Its not there. I wish they would put it there as well. The only place I have found it is on the teams forum.
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/categories/teams-beta They have been pinning the note at the top. In the announcements section.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@thightower Ah! Never thought to look there .. thinking "genius" again. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry for the confusion here! Being able to remove the default Shared vault was something we enabled due to customer feedback. If you've deleted it and want it back, no worries — you can always create a new vault and share it with whomever you wish: one, some, or all of your Family members. Cheers! :)

• Chdsbd
    Chdsbd
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to create a new vault, but I can't seem to find an option to share it with everyone in the family.
    Is there a way so I can just have it automatically be shared with everyone without needed to select each person?

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Perhaps it would be a good idea to have a button to recreate the original Shared vault if you deleted it. This would make it easier if you deleted then said "Crap" it really is a good idea to share certain items with the whole family vs authorizing each person (up to 7 times)

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with @rr0ss0rr it would be an ideal addition to the admin controls.

• Hi @Chdsbd,

In your screenshot above, the member was not yet approved by the owner of the account. This is why you cannot see the Shared vault yet.

• Chdsbd
    Chdsbd
    Community Member
    Options

I think it is greyed out because I don't have any Shared Vaults.
    My issue is recreating a shared vault that everyone can access by default. Currently, if I create a new vault, my only option is to selectively add each user. There isn't a way to make it share with everyone.

• Ah, you are right. I think I misread it.

This discussion has been closed.