Problem using 1Password Families with iOS

TomMcL
TomMcL
Community Member
edited March 2016 in Families

I'm in the process of shifting my 1Password account across to a Family account but it's proving to be a bit of a struggle :-( The main area seems to be with iOS devices. I can change the default vault used for saving/creating in iOS in the app's settings (but note that the device has to be restarted for it to take effect - closing the app isn't sufficient) but when I create/save something on my iOS device is there a way for me to select the vault it goes in? On the Mac for instance, when I'm saving a login I'm given the option at the time to save it in any of my vaults.

Grateful for whatever help you can offer and apologies if I've missed something.

Many thanks!

1Password Version: 6.1 (610006)
Extension Version: 4.5.4
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Problem using 1Password with iOS

Comments

• Hi @TomMcL,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Unfortunately no, there is not a way to change which vault an item is saved in "on the fly." Our recommendation for now would be to have your "Personal" vault be the default (unless there is really good reason to do otherwise), and then move any items from there to other vaults as appropriate. This ensures that items by default will not be shared with anyone, as the Personal vault is never shared.

Hopefully this is a workflow we can continue to improve in the future.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.