After upgrade to Families, should I keep primary vault?

Options
chrisjones704
chrisjones704
Community Member
edited March 2016 in Families

After upgrading to Families, should I keep my local primary vault for offline use?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    Options

Did you move your Primary vault items to your Personal Family vault (or another Family vault)? If you did, then no really. The only thing I keep in my Primary vault are the Emergency Family Kit for each family member and continue to sync that via iCloud or Dropbox.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

After upgrading to Families, should I keep my local primary vault for offline use?

@chrisjones704: Really it's up to you — whichever you prefer — but it's fun to discuss the various possibilities!

However, if you'd like to change your setup from having a local Primary vault, just make sure you have all your data in the correct vaults, backup, and then start over in 1Password. That way you can set it up just how you want it. Cheers! :)

• HalfBekend
    HalfBekend
    Community Member
    Options

@chrisjones704 There are several considerations for deciding what items goes where.

• difference in keeping a log of the history (but see other tread, search for 30 day history limitation)
    • difference in access by others in case the `inevitable happens (see other tread search for inevitable)
  • Ben
    Options

As others have mentioned there isn't really a universal or recommended answer here. For me personally I keep a local vault that contains the Emergency Kits for all of my 1Password accounts, and nothing else. That is the only local vault I still maintain.

That is what works for me, but you may have other considerations.

From a technical perspective there is no need to keep a local vault.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.