Import and Export Data

Options
ChessMaster
ChessMaster
Community Member

First Question:
I have activated an account 1Password Family... How can I import my KeePass Data?
Second Question:
Can I export all passwords in an excell file?

Thank you

1Password Version: 1Passwords Beta 2016.3.1600
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @ChessMaster,

Is this KeePass2? If so, it can export as CSV, and you can import your Logins into one of the 1Password desktop apps (on OS X or Windows). The format required is explained in How to create a 1Password compatible CSV file.

A more robust solution is the keepass2 converter, part of the converter suite of utilities. The converter suite has more bells and whistles. You'll export your Keepass2 data as XML.

• ChessMaster
    ChessMaster
    Community Member
    Options

In Windows 10 APP and Web App I don't find the import/export menu.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@ChessMaster,

I think you need to use 1Password for Windows version 4.x to do this. The Win 10 version doesn't yet have this capability.

• ChessMaster
    ChessMaster
    Community Member
    Options

Ok but How i import from 4.x to family?

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

I'm very sorry for the confusion. The state of 1Password for Families on Windows is in a bit of flux. At present, what you've requested is not possible on Windows. We hope to bring a more robust experience to the Windows desktop in the future, but at present:

The only application that can access Teams/Families is the Windows 10 beta app. 1Password 4 for Windows does not have Teams/Families support.

1Password for Windows 10 beta doesn't have many of the features that are currently present in 1Password 4 for Windows. This app is being built from the ground up, with the explicit focus on accessing Teams/Families data.

I'm sorry there isn't a better answer right now, but we hope to have a better one to offer down the road.

Ben

• ChessMaster
    ChessMaster
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, then I can't import and export data from 1Passwords Team and Family; I can only add my passwords one by one. Right?

• Ben
    Options

At present, unless you have a way to use 1Password for Mac, that is correct. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ben

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@ChessMaster,

I'm really sorry for the bad advice I gave here. I'd forgotten the ability to import for Families was not yet available on Windows.

I owe you one.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for chiming in @dahanbn. You're right: it may be possible, however it is a much more convoluted process than we'd like. This is an area in which we definitely would like to make significant improvements.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.