Connection error after closing the app

miniskulljob
miniskulljob
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

When the app updated to Beta 20 (2016.3.1600), it asked to enter the account key, email & password, just like the release notes warned about. But now I have this problem: whenever I close the app and I reopen at a later time, all the vaults are gone and a red warning icon appears near the settings icon. All I can do is close the session and reenter the account data.

I did not edit the names of the vaults in the image posted above, they're like that after I close the app. No name, all of them empty.

1Password Version: Beta 20 (2016.3.1600)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @miniskulljob, can you send me your logs so that I can confirm what issue you're seeing. Just click on the "call for help" button and send us an email.

• miniskulljob
    miniskulljob
    Community Member

@mohamedosman log sent. I hope it helps.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Got em @miniskulljob, taking a look now.

• NickatSimple
    NickatSimple
    Community Member

Hi,

I'm getting the exact same issue and it will happen after not unlocking the desktop app after a while in addition to after a restart.

Getting incredibly frustrated with having to setup the connection multiple times per day.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

@NickatSimple one workaround that may help until this issue is fixed is to exit the 1Password application once you're finished signing in. We've had several users report that shutting the app down and restarting it will fix this issue.

We'll have a more formal fix for this issue soon :)

• NickatSimple
    NickatSimple
    Community Member

@mohamedosman FYI this seems to work for the day or so, just came back into the office after the long weekend and had the same issue again.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

@NickatSimple it was only meant to be a temporary workaround, we're working on a formal fix and I'll update this thread once it's ready.

This discussion has been closed.