on iPhone 5 Synching old 1Password with newly purchased app on iPad + add new password for both

janecjess
janecjess
Community Member

I have had 1Password for several years, now it shuts down frequently several times when I open. I have purchased from Apple store new 1Password app for my iPad 2 and want to synch both versions with iCloud then change and synch a new password for both.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@janecjess: First and foremost, in order to sync using iCloud, you'll need to be using 1Password 5 on iOS 8 or 1Password 6 on iOS 9 on your iPads and iPhones. Otherwise you can use Dropbox Sync in 1Password 4 or newer.

Unfortunately without some more information it's hard to be more specific. Please tell me all OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• janecjess
    janecjess
    Community Member

I have old version of 1Password on my iphone 5 which now shuts down 2 or more times as I am trying to use it. I bought the latest version from the Apple store for my ipad 2 and wanted to synch these as well as creating the same stronger password for both.
    I see no way to make these changes from systems or on the platform. Have you
    any advice as to how to proceed?
    Thank you.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @janecjess,

It looks like you originally posted for help with this in our iOS forum yesterday, and Brenty replied to that with some information & additional questions. I noticed you posted about the same thing earlier today in our Mac forum, but the thread where you posted it doesn't seem to be related. I merged your message there with your existing thread in our iOS forum, to avoid confusion.

Please make sure you take a look at Brenty's reply above. Once we hear back from you with the information he asked for, we'll have a much better idea how to help solve the problem. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.