Lack of "All Vaults" Current Pain Point

RonHeiby
RonHeiby
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi! I am in the process of transitioning from a Dropbox sync'd vault to 1Password Families, so I still have a bunch of information in my original vault (though decreasing) and an increasing amount of information in my Family Personal vault, Family Shared vault, and Family Executor vault.

I really don't want to have to guess where I might have any given item, and the "All Vaults" capability of the Mac, iOS, and Android versions is something I really miss when I have to fire up my Windows VM.

Just a vote to increase its priority!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks for vote up on "All Vaults" @RobHeiby :) This is one of the few top things we are focusing on, right after browser extension support and stable syncing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RonHeiby: I'm looking forward to that feature too...but I wanted to mention one thing from my own experience that may help in the mean time.

Maybe it's just me, but when sorting through vaults and items to migrate data, I find myself switching to individual vaults even when I'm using 1Password for Mac with its All Vaults view. Having everything listed makes it harder for me to see at a glance, for example, which items are still in need of migrating from an old Dropbox vault. Switching to it lets me see exactly what's there, so I can decide where to move it; whereas, if I'm in All Vaults, I might see an item I want to have in 1Password for Teams...only to find out that's where it is already, upon trying to move it. :dizzy:

• RonHeiby
    RonHeiby
    Community Member

Exactly! When I am in the organizing mode, I view just the primary Dropbox sync'd vault. When seeking to use the entries, I want to be viewing them all. Well, all but one I call "Archive", where I am storing entries I don't expect to ever need, but want to hang onto, just in case.

I'm taking the opportunity of reorganization to do other cleanup, starting with the entries still in the Watchtower folder, and then the really weak and reused passwords, then the oldest to newest. Trying to get through at least 10 a day.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016

I'm taking the opportunity of reorganization to do other cleanup, starting with the entries still in the Watchtower folder, and then the really weak and reused passwords, then the oldest to newest. Trying to get through at least 10 a day.

Ha! Me too! Hopefully your vault isn't as morbidly obese as my good friend 1Password has become on my devices. It's more of a long-term goal for me. :lol:

• RonHeiby
    RonHeiby
    Community Member

I'm not sure what level qualifies as morbidly obese. 512 Logins and 752 total items? :-)

• Hi @RonHeiby,

That is slightly overweight at the most. Some of us have 10K total and that's morbidly obese level.

• RonHeiby
    RonHeiby
    Community Member

Wow! At the goal rate I have set for my vault cleanup, if I had 10K, I would be done slightly after I'm dead. :-)

• If only the industry could come up with a consistent standard of how Login process works, so that automatic password changes could be performed by your password managers without needing you.

This discussion has been closed.