Syncing between 2 Mac with Dropbox

Saif
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Hi

I'm new to 1Password and Dropbox. I'm running the latest version of Dropbox and Snow Leopard on both machines.

I followed the instructions on the website and created a Dropbox account and moved my Data File to the Dropbox folder.

The problem is that it is saving the file only as "1Password" with no extension as the screenshot lists on the site ("1Password.agilekeychain").

Once Dropbox syncs on both machines, I can't find the actual file to open after selecting "Select Existing" Datafile. All I can see are folders under the Dropbox 1Password folder I created a a file called "1Password.html"

Please help.

Thanks
Saif

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Saif

Welcome to the forums,

You may have the hide extensions ticked in the get info box. Do not use the hide extension, it may still work correctly but I cannot confirm that.
    Lets check that first, use right click get info.

The third screen shot is what the synced keychain should look like on your mac.

Also please note the 1password keychain looks like a folder via the dropbox web interface, so all these checks need to be done on a mac running Dropbox.
  • Saif
    edited December 1969
    Tommy

Thanks for your help.

I got it to work finally. The problem I was having was that I just had to add the extension .agilekeychain to the end of the name when moving it.

Thanks again.
    Saif
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Glad you got it working.

If you don't mind me asking do you think it was a simple omission on your part or something in the directions. This is the second such occurrence in about 2 weeks were the extension was missing.
  • Saif
    edited December 1969
    Tommy

I think it's an omission in the directions. I needed to manually add the extension when I moved the data file to Dropbox. Would be good for others if you mention that in the instructions. All I did was add ".agilekeychain" after the filename "1Password".

Hope this helps others.

Thanks
    Saif
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks, we can look through the directions and see if something needs to be better explained.
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Saif wrote:
    I think it's an omission in the directions. I needed to manually add the extension when I moved the data file to Dropbox. Would be good for others if you mention that in the instructions. All I did was add ".agilekeychain" after the filename "1Password".

Thanks, Saif. There may be something else going on here. There should be no need to add the extension. If you needed to add the extension it sounds like 1Password is not doing something correctly. We'll try some tests with a new data file and see if we can reproduce the problem.

Sorry for the trouble! Glad you got it sorted out.
This discussion has been closed.