How do I get 1password to open up an app on my iphone instead of opening the site in the browser?

Sher570
Sher570
Community Member

On my iphone 1password opens up my browers and takes me to a webpage, is there a way to go to the mobile app instead?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do I get 1password to open up an app on my iphone instead of a browser?

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2016

Hi @Sher570,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

You can learn about using 1Password to login with compatible 3rd party apps here:

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

ref: HFU-39742-462

• Sher570
    Sher570
    Community Member

So Facebook is not a supported app? Does that mean I would have to use my browser to use Facebook on my phone?

• Hi Sher570,

You are correct that Facebook has not yet added 1Password integration. Unfortunately app developers have to add support for 1Password, it isn't something we can do for them.

That said, you can copy & paste your credentials into the Facebook app if you'd prefer to use their app vs their website.

Ben

• Sher570
    Sher570
    Community Member

Well with that said, I have discovered that dropbox is not working to sync my computer and phone. 1password on my PC has a password that is different than the password on my phone for facebook. It was syncing yesterday. Now what?

• Sher570
    Sher570
    Community Member

I am now officially lock out of my facebook account and can't get in

• Sher570,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

And, if you have a Mac:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• Sher570
    Sher570
    Community Member

I believe I am okay now. There was somehow two copies of facebook in 1password, had to delete everything, reset the password in facebook and start over. Question - is it considered safe to leave your password in your phone app and not log out when done?

• Thanks for the update Sher570. I never log out of apps on my devices. As long as your device is secure this shouldn't be a problem.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.