I got a new laptop and how to sync my 1password info on this laptop

Options

I have been using 1Password in my laptop without an issue. I got new Windows laptop and how I can use 1password on this one (without losing all the data from the old laptop), so I don't have to save all the passwords from old one on to the new laptop? How can I sync my old laptop saved login and password on to my new laptop,without a problem?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:windows/create-new-vault, kb:starting-over, ug:windows/get-data-from-ios, ug:windows/export, ug:windows/get-data-from-ios

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @MyAgile,

Are you planning to use anything to sync your data between both computers, not just 1Password, like OneDrive? You can move your 1Password data folder into your OneDrive folder or configure your own sync tool to sync the folder between both computers and that should be all you need to do.

If you're not sure, we'd recommend using Dropbox. You can see our guide here on how to make it work: https://support.1password.com/guides/windows/sync-dropbox.html

• Giri
    Giri
    Community Member
    Options

I used Dropbox sync using your help instructions. But the issue still persists. I used 1password for few days and saved those login info separately on new laptop before I did Dropbox sync. Is that the reasons that new desktop (sorry not laptop) doesn't show all my old logins in 1password screen?

I also for new laptop, where I didn't use 1password at all and I entered license info in 1password, everything worked like a charm. But not on my desktop though. What is that I am missing. I did enter license info on desktop but of no use.

• MikeT
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @Giri,

They both should match up as long they're correctly configured. Could you email us the 1Password diagnostics reports from both PCs and we'll see what's going on.

Please use this guide to generate the reports and email them to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.