Several Issues.

Options
JoshTem
JoshTem
Community Member
edited March 2016 in Families

Ok so I am having several issues.

Up until now I was using 1passwrod app on my iphone and PC, I hadn't purchased it as yet as I was trying it out and it was working almost perfectly for me (the only issue being that when I restarted the browser I would have to restart the 1password helper when using firefox Constantly)

Now I signed up to password families and was considering using that because my folks constantly forgetting their passwords. But I have since found out that this only works with the windows 10 app... why I can't even begin to imagine, so that sucks big time. As my mother uses windows 7 and won't upgrade, my Dad's windows 10 comp won't even download apps for what ever reason. I'm also not a fan of using apps, I like programs. As far as I can tell the App doesn't even work right. When ever I try to use it to enter a password for a website it try's to load the normal 1password program, even though the app is open.

I am also not a huge fan of the families need for a 10 digit password, I don't have a great deal to steal and for my situation I was happy with my password I had to access it, it also become really tiresome having to use it on a phone especially if you have password that has numbers letters and symbols.

I work on my computer a lot so I am constantly signing in to websites and accounts for various reasons but the families to me just is so far more frustrating that it's worth.

So please if anyone can shed some light on the troubles I am having at the moment. Or if there is a way to use families on the OLD program, or if someone can tell me why my browser wants to open the old program and not use the APP that would be great. Or if I have just missed something that would be great too.

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Firefox, Google Chrome
OS Version: IOS, Windows 10 and native program
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @JoshTem,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. We've been having a fairly extensive discussion about the state of 1Password for Families on the Windows platform over here:

Families need a Windows solution - AgileBits Support Forum

The short summary is:

• 1Password for Families an be accessed on Windows either through the web interface, or our Windows 10 beta app available in the Microsoft Store
    • We do not yet have browser extensions that are compatible with Families yet. This is something we're very aware of and are working hard to implement. Unfortunately it isn't something that is going to happen over night. It'll take some time.
    • The Windows 10 beta app has a built-in browser in which it can fill your credentials. This is currently the closest thing we have to browser extensions.

If you'd like to follow the latest updates on our Windows 10 beta app please check out our Windows 10 beta forum:

Windows 10 Beta - AgileBits Support Forum

I'm sorry we don't have more to offer on Windows in terms of Families at this point but I hope that helps explain the situation! We're working hard to bring improvements in this area.

Ben

• JoshTem
    JoshTem
    Community Member
    Options

I'm thinking perhaps you should have waited with releasing families till it was finished. I don't see this being at all useful for people in it's current form. Is there an ETA on when the 1Password Program will receive support for families?

• rob
    Options

Hi, @JoshTem.

I'm sorry for the confusion. We announced 1Password for Families with native apps available for Mac, iOS, Android, and Windows 10. It is compatible with each of those platforms, just not with Windows 7 yet. We are working hard on both the Windows 7+ desktop app and the Windows 10 desktop/mobile app, but we don't have an ETA to announce.

This discussion has been closed.