Windows support for family accounts

Options
richardevs
richardevs
Community Member
edited April 2016 in Families

I've been kinda bashing 1Password for Families' Windows support for these months, but this is just getting unbearable.

Important issue being syncing.

Teams function, according to 1Password's Twitter, has been tested for months, but that really counts nothing because the software were not able to keep up. Even the peeps at Customers Service admit that THEY ARE RUSHING IT. Nice people at 1Password just keep telling me to use Windows 10 Beta version, which, u can only view stuffs, no Browser support and nothing else, and it will crash sometimes.

And the Dropbox sync, somehow managed to be big trouble. Since I use Windows and Mac, and my main computer is Windows, when I add new stuffs, it happens on Windows, later I accidentally drop all the 70 items on my Mac ( Which at the moment my Windows has 73 items ) because I have uploaded them all to Teams, then, I start my Windows computer to found all my items, ARE GONE. I immediately boot up my Mac too, and see that there is a backup file for my Windows differ version, AND IT IS GONE TOO BECAUSE I STARTUP MY MAC, IT SYNCED.

I just expect 1Password to have a wonderful experience in their new future.

Still an 1Password user, now buying One-Time version.

Sorry for the post, just feeling pretty upset, and 1Password's peeps only provide Official replies.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @richardevs,

Thanks for taking the time to express your concerns about 1Password for Families, particularly with regard to Windows support.

We're acutely aware of the need for a stable Windows app, that has browser integration, Families support, and many of the other features folks have come to expect from 1Password. We're working very hard to deliver that, but it cannot happen overnight. It is going to take a lot of development effort, testing, etc. We're explicitly not rushing it.

I don't follow your 3rd paragraph. 1Password for Families does not use Dropbox for syncing. Could you please elaborate?

Still an 1Password user, now buying One-Time version.

It is of course still possible to license 1Password (though I'm not sure I'd call this the "one-time version" as upgrades are separate purchases whereas they are included with Families). I do truly believe though that Families will be the better option for anyone who needs to share credentials with their family members. When we have a more robust offering on Windows, it'll be even better. For now, the web interface and the Windows 10 beta offer most of the basic functionality except browser integration with web browsers other than 1Browser. We do have 1Browser within the Windows 10 beta, which allows for filling directly into websites.

Sorry for the post, just feeling pretty upset, and 1Password's peeps only provide Official replies.

I'm sorry you're unhappy. Nothing I've said above changes the current state of things, but I hope it helps.

Ben

P.S. I'm not sure what you mean when you say we only provide "official replies." What kind of replies are you looking for?

• richardevs
    richardevs
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, it's not One-Time version it should be One-time Purchase.

Yes I know Teams don't use Dropbox, and Windows has no abilities to upload the whole thing to Teams, so my route will be:

Windows Sync to Mac using Dropbox, and then use Mac to upload to Teams.

And during the process, it went wrong like I mention above.

About the 'Official replies', yeah...I think I'm being too harsh, no EST can be provided so I can't really get anything that fix my problem, but all the replies like 'We are not rushing' 'Try Windows 10 Beta' 'Our Teams has tested for months and it is fully functional', that just does not seems like good replies from responsible company like 1Password, it feels like I'm getting replies like 'We already work hard, and it is a great product, but for full functionality u will just have to wait, like, months.'

• richardevs
    richardevs
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff Also, thanks for the reply and really, u guys are doing great, hope this don't ruin u guys' mood or anything.

• rob
    Options

Hi, @richardevs.

Thanks for the update. It's ok, you're certainly not the only one frustrated by lack of Windows support for family accounts. Our whole team shares this frustration, but there's nothing we can say to make it happen faster.

1Password for Teams and Families was released because the service itself is stable, and the Mac, iOS, and Android clients are also fully compatible and stable. We knew Windows wasn't ready, but there was no reason to wait to announce the whole service because we were missing a client on one platform.

Where we messed up was including Windows in the list of compatible apps. While we have an app in beta for Windows 10, it isn't stable yet, and there is no compatible app for Windows 7, as you know. So the announcement of 1Password for Families should have been directed only at Mac, iOS, and Android users, and that wasn't clear.

We've made some edits to our web site to clarify the situation, and you've taken the right step for now, getting a license for the standalone app, rather than a family account. Anyone else who requires Windows support should do the same thing for now. We aren't sure when the Windows 7 app for family accounts will be available, so that is the best path forward.

Again, I'm sorry for the confusion we caused. Thanks for your kind words in spite of it all!

This discussion has been closed.