Can wifi sync directly between 2 iOS devices?

Kymbies
Kymbies
Community Member

New user. I can sync successfully over iCloud, but I would prefer to sync between my iPad and iPhone over wifi. I do not have a Mac and don't won't to go via Windows PC. I am on the same local Network. You document about syncing between IOS device and MAC or a PC, why not directly between two IOS devices?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 9.3
Sync Type: Wifi
Referrer: ug:ios/apple-watch-setup, ug:ios/sync-over-wifi, ug:ios/apple-watch-setup, ug:ios/sync-over-wifi, kb:switch-to-wifi

Comments

• Hi @Kymbies

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Wi-Fi sync works using a client / server model. 1Password for Mac and 1Password for Windows act as servers, and 1Password for iOS and 1Password for Android act as clients. A client has to sync with a server, and vice versa. So, two iOS devices cannot sync over Wi-Fi for the same reason two Macs cannot. You have two of the same puzzle piece, instead of two different pieces that fit together.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Kymbies
    Kymbies
    Community Member

Thanks Ben for the prompt response. Looks like I just have to put my faith into iCloud...

• You're most welcome. iCloud is a great option. You may also want to consider 1Password for Families. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.