App non responsive as of today

NickatSimple
NickatSimple
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Booted up my Surface Pro 4 today, went to open the app and I was not able to type in the master password field at all.

Restarted app, same issue.

Uninstalled it then installed from the Store, opened app from the store and it endlessly loaded, not displaying anything.

Closed app, launched app from Store again, received login page but am unable to click on either the button to sign in or the link for 1password data elsewhere.

Relaunching app gives same behaviour. Giving up on using the desktop app now.

Edit: Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing now: http://i.imgur.com/82mTGvB.png

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @NickatSimple we have heard of such weird behavior couple of times before, but never could reproduce it. If you resize window then content does not reflow/realign? If yes, then I suspect that app is dead and not running at all. My guess is that system fails to render screen and hangs up outside of our control. What Windows build are you using? What language the system is set to use?

What helped previously is to check for Windows updates/restart Windows. You may also want to check that C:\Users\<user-name-here>\AppData\Local\Packages\DC5C6510.1PasswordAlpha_2v019pwa6amcg\ folder is removed when you uninstall app.

Hope that helps :)

• NickatSimple
    NickatSimple
    Community Member

Hi,

Windows version 1511
    OS Build 10586.164
    System language English (Australia)

Only updates I've had in the last several days (before and after the issue started) have been windows defender definition updates (just applied another one now).

The app won't open from the search menu at all now, but opening it from the store is now giving me a functional app.

Managed to login and see my vaults. Closed app, launched it through start > all apps. Frozen again.

Your guess is 100% correct, resize of the window does not trigger any change in the content.

Uninstalled app, confirmed the folder provided was no longer existing.

Relaunched the store, installed the app. Opened the app from the store. The getting ready animation continued to play endlessly but resizing the window did not realign the content. Closed app.

Opening app gives the dead app again now.

Anything more we can try from the app side or are you calling it as a system issue?

• SergeyTheAgile
    edited March 2016

@NickatSimple there is nothing happening at app side, it's killed without even having a chance to write post mortem file. We never could reproduce it, ironically that sudden death happens long before we even try to touch network, encryption or other areas. IIRC you are 3rd or 4th person over last 12 months who is "lucky" to get this issue. Previously what helped is to check for updates or reinstall Windows :(

The only thing that might shed some light on the issue is Windows Event Log, after that hang you may find some error messages there, perhaps one of the Windows subsystems drops a line that can help.

• NickatSimple
    NickatSimple
    Community Member

Thanks for the continued support. After a few unrelated restarts today it seems to be working for now even after closing and opening the app.

Hopefully this lasts!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's good news, but be sure to let us know if you encounter any further issues. I was about to say that I had what appeared to be a similar issue (at least display-wise) a while back, and restarting Windows resolved it. We're here if you need us! :)

This discussion has been closed.