Tumblr Trouble: Takes Two Tries

Options
OrangeHighlight
OrangeHighlight
Community Member
edited March 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

Tumblr has apparently changed their login process. When I go to https://www.tumblr.com/login it now wants only my email. When I enter that properly, it then takes me to another screen that looks like the old login: I enter my email (again) and password. It's been this way for a few weeks now, so it seems to be a policy change, rather than a bug.

I got tired of typing my email manually, so I entered my email on the first screen and then saved that in 1Password as a new login. I've confirmed that it's in my 1Password file, with my email saved in the "username" field - the only other field with data is "website" with the URL above. But when I re-load the login page and choose my new "email-only" login, it does not fill. Nothing happens. So I'm still typing my email manually and hitting the Next button. It's not the worst thing in the world to have to do this, but it's kind of annoying. This issue, where 1Password is not filling in the email button and pressing "Next" on the first screen, is consistently repeatable on Firefox 44.0.2, Safari 9.0.3, and Chrome 48.0.2564.116 (64-bit). This problem is unique to this page - for all of my many other logins, 1Password is working perfectly (as always!).

Is there a way to get 1Password to enter my email and press the "Next" button in this new login screen?

_1Password Version: 6.1 (60005)
_Extension Version: 4.5.3 (on Firefox)
_OS Version: 10.11.3
_Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016
    Options

@OrangeHighlight I recently played with the Tumblr page because we had some reports of issues there. In addition to what you found, I found a couple of other bugs that we need to look into related to some other subtle things rather than just strictly the login process.

I have an idea for how to improve the login process, but for the time being, 1Password won't be able to press that Next button for you. Sorry for the trouble while we work to make things better there.

• dvdweyer
    dvdweyer
    Community Member
    Options

I would like to concur, unfortunately Tumblr doesn't work at all with 1Password at the moment (no autofill happening). I would very much appreciate a fix, even if I have to press that "Next" button myself.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dvdweyer,

I probably haven't done as extensive testing as jxpx777 but what I can say is I had a pre-existing Login item for Tumblr so I went off and tested it. Like yourself and @OrangeHighlight my original item wasn't filling where you want it to. I then tested the beta version of 1Password for Mac and found it properly filled using the newer filling logic that is part of the beta. What this should mean is the next release for 1Password for Mac will be able to fill both pages. I found auto-submit didn't work but filling did. Hopefully it won't be too long until the next stable so at least the important part (just my opinion, you may disagree) works again :smile:

• dvdweyer
    dvdweyer
    Community Member
    Options

That's nice to know - thanks for the quick reply. I won't try the beta though, 1Password is too critical to me.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's perfectly understandable, @dvdweyer! Sometimes it's scary working here using nightly builds (or builds from Xcode…) of 1Password. I'm pretty sure we all make very frequent backups. :)

This discussion has been closed.