Moving back to agilekeychain

Options
steerio
steerio
Community Member

Can you tell me how to do this?

I'm a developer, and I use a Mac, an iPhone (which was just stolen, and my backup Android device could not sync, because lololol Opvault), various Android devices and Linux. I've found it really frustrating that you've moved to a new format and just decided not to support a half of this - by completely disregarding Android and by taking away 1PasswordAnywhere without giving a sensible alternative.

Yeah, there's Wi-Fi sync, which only works at specific cases and is super inconvenient. And yeah, there's Teams, where I have to pay for services I don't want to use, because I'm no "team".

And I paid for the service anyway, by purchasing the Mac app. A service that granted me access throughout all my devices. Now that's gone. The investment I made is now half useless, because the promise of the service was broken.

Also, ever since I've moved to opvault, unlocking on the Mac is slow, and it's followed by several long seconds of beachballing and unresponsiveness. It might or might not be related, but it's very, very annoying.

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:agilekeychain

Comments

• steerio
    steerio
    Community Member
    Options

Alternatively, will you ever support opvault on Android? Will there ever be a web app that does what 1PasswordAnywhere did, and just that, without any team gimmicks and extra costs? Or a Linux app?

Having to pay separately per platform too many times and having to purchase extra services just to do what the app was meant to do in the first place will be a dealbreaker. It's probably not the best tactic to frustrate long time faithful users into leaving.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @steerio,

First of all, I truly apologize for the frustration here. Our developers are working on OPVault support for Android, but I can't give you a timeline for when it will be available. In the meantime, it is simple to convert your data back to the Agile Keychain format.

Please have a look at our support article: Switching to OPVault. The end of the article explains how to switch back to Agile Keychain format.

Also, ever since I've moved to opvault, unlocking on the Mac is slow, and it's followed by several long seconds of beachballing and unresponsiveness. It might or might not be related, but it's very, very annoying.

We've heard this report from several users, and our developers are currently working to track the bug down. I'd be curious to know if it resolves after you move back to Agile Keychain format.

Will there ever be a web app that does what 1PasswordAnywhere did, and just that, without any team gimmicks and extra costs? Or a Linux app?

Thanks so much for letting us know that web access is important to you! I can't say much about our future plans, but I'll certainly let our team know that you're interested in seeing something like this.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

This discussion has been closed.