Change Categories ?

Hi guys,
We had a list of passwords and imported a CSV from an excel sheet. Now it imported these passwords as "logins". Can we change this? For example that it says "Servers" as category? Or can we create a folder or something?

Thank you for your answer!

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: none
OS Version: OS X 10.10.2
Sync Type: none

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @isabelleplueer ,

Sorry, there's no possibility of changing an item's category. You'll have to create a new record, and copy / paste.

• Hi @isabelleplueer! Sorry about that. MrC is correct in that it's not possible to change an item's category. I hope you are able to get things organized the way you need them, though. I think in your case, "categories" might be a confusing term to think of when it comes to this stuff. They are more like "types" since each category has a specific template. Servers is just for server info. You can create a Server item to see what I mean. Logins are the most general term — aside from Passwords which is just for a password — and are used for username and password combinations. If you have a username and password for a MediaTemple account or something, that may be the best place to put them, especially because Logins can be filled in the browser. :)

This discussion has been closed.