1Password OTP setup gives an error with EA Games 2 step verification

Options
p3u1
p3u1
Community Member

Hi, i logged into my EA Games Account tonight, i've 2 step Verification setup with a code being sent to my iPhone mobile number.

1Passwords feature they added a while back for adding One Time Passwords using a scan of a QR Code to setup is great, i use it for Google, Dropbox, Outlook & it all works great but when trying to setup for EA Games it gives an error about incompatible QR Code.

Can anyone help me or will support be added to the OTP Feature for more compatibility.

Anyways thanks in advance for any help provided.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @p3u1,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble adding your EA 2-step verification to 1Password.

I checked, but I don't see any bugs filed on our end giving an indication that this might not work. Did you try scanning the code again?

If that still isn't working does EA offer a "manual" setup where they give you a "secret" to work with? If so you can put that into the field, instead of scanning the QR code.

Ben

• p3u1
    p3u1
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi @bwoodruff , i just tried again & it worked a treat, i thought the initial QR Code was for setup, it was the next one after choosing 'i already have an authenticator app installed'.

Thank you for the help. I love 1Password, i have it on Mac & iPhone.

Thanks once agin.

• Ben
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update and the kind words. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.