Windows 7 or later + Families support [Not fully ready yet]

rshilliam1
rshilliam1
Community Member
edited March 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello. I'm a happy 1Password user - have been for years. I'm being forced to move from a Mac to a PC at work. my #1 app on my Mac and iPhone is the 1Password app. Of course I need to get a Windows version. I now am reading about the Families version. I want to sign up. However, I'm not clear about Windows support. I do not have Windows 10. I think I'm reading that if I don't have Windows 10, Families won't work for me yet. is that true? So do I need to buy a single user copy of the Windows version of 1Password? How long before Windows will be supported in the Families version? would a trial copy get me there?
thanks for your product - I love it!
Rick

1Password Version: 1Password6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows7
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: kb:teams-families-migrate, kb:teams-faq, kb:teams-faq-existing-user, kb-search:windows for familie, kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• Hi @rshilliam1,

I think I'm reading that if I don't have Windows 10, Families won't work for me yet. is that true?

Unfortunately, that is true. Right now, there's no stable version of 1Password available on Windows 7 or above that will support Families/Teams services.

You can use the 1Password.com web app, that's accessible from a modern web browser on Windows 7 but it won't support filling or anything like that, you'd have to copy and paste between the web app and other tabs.

So do I need to buy a single user copy of the Windows version of 1Password?

If you need to use it now, yes. Note that we've just changed our licensing model, now we have one desktop license that covers both Mac and Windows but this applies to new customers. For current Mac customers, you can upgrade to this desktop license and only pay for the Windows half. Here's where you can upgrade: https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade

If you bought 1Password from Mac App Store, you won't have a license key to use at the Upgrade Store, this will have to be done differently. Send us your proof of purchase at support+licenses@agilebits.com and we'll help you with this.

How long before Windows will be supported in the Families version? would a trial copy get me there?

We don't have a timeframe on this and your trial will not last long enough until then. We do apologize that we don't have a clearer answer on this but we're working to make this right as fast as we can.

• rshilliam1
    rshilliam1
    Community Member

Thanks for the Information. Answers my questions perfectly. I'll upgrade to the new desktop license version for now and look forward to Windows support for the Families version when ready. Thanks!

• You're welcome, I'm glad it helped.

This discussion has been closed.