Sync on Macs, iPhone and Windows 10 using iCloud Drive?

Options

I'm currently using iCloud to sync my 1Password Vault with my Macs and iPhone. I recently started using a Windows 10 PC and would like to use 1 Password on this too. I don't want to have to move to Dropbox for cross platform syncing because Dropbox takes up too much local disk space on each computer; my DropBox account is too big.

Is it possible to use iCloud Drive to sync my Vault? I have iCloud for Windows installed but do not see 1Password available in it, just Pages, Keynote & TextEdit.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:windows/browser-extensions, ug:windows/first-launch, ug:windows/requirements, kb-search:icloud drive, kb:icloud-troubleshooting-duplicate-icloud-drive-entries

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Is it possible to use iCloud Drive to sync my Vault? I have iCloud for Windows installed but do not see 1Password available in it, just Pages, Keynote & TextEdit.

@earthdog: Sorry for the confusion! 1Password (and other apps) don't use iCloud Drive to sync data; they use CloudKit, and this just isn't available on Windows. It is possible to store your vault in iCloud Drive (use Folder Sync on the Mac), but it will only be accessible on computers since mobile apps cannot access iCloud Drive directly.

I'm currently using iCloud to sync my 1Password Vault with my Macs and iPhone. I recently started using a Windows 10 PC and would like to use 1 Password on this too. I don't want to have to move to Dropbox for cross platform syncing because Dropbox takes up too much local disk space on each computer; my DropBox account is too big.

One thing that would help in your situation (and mine, on some devices) is the Dropbox Selective Sync feature. If you don't need all of your Dropbox data on each device, you can sync only the folders you want. I hope this helps! :)

• earthdog
    earthdog
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response. This makes much more sense now. I didn't realize Dropbox now has selective sync, that could be a winner however can I sync my iPhone to a Vault on Dropbox?

• Sure you can sync you 1Password data on your iPhone to Dropbox.

It's a good idea to start setting up Dropbox sync with the Mac and once the date is in Dropbox, you can add one device after the other to access the 1Password data that is stored in Dropbox.

Our 'Sync with Dropbox' for 1Password for Mac will help get you started.

This discussion has been closed.