Email autoresponder issues

AGAlumB
AGAlumB
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Billing question (10 $ Bonus & tax).

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016

@dahanbn: Just to follow up, if you're still having trouble getting messages through or not receiving replies (either from the BitBot autoresponder or AgileBits staff), you may want to check with your email provider (and try using another if it's urgent). We're not having any trouble sending and receiving here, and the autoresponder is on. Maybe it's getting stuck in your spam folder?

ref: AAV-31174-812

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dahanbn,

Using different email addresses is perfectly fine, I use a unique email address everywhere I go too, it's just unfortunately it made it tougher to track down the ticket because the only good way to do so without asking for anything personal (which we can't do in a public forum) is the ticket ID, which for reasons unknown you did not receive. The log does show a reply was sent by the bot but of course the trail after that goes cold. All that can be said with any confidence is that a node somewhere in the chain between the server that sends out our emails to your email server didn't behave as was expected.

It seems somebody has now replied, which hopefully you have received, and we can now work on resolving the issue via email.

ref: AAV-31174-812

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dahanbn: I hope you don't mind, but I've split this off into a separate discussion since it's gotten away from the billing questions of the original.

The one thing I noticed that might provide some clue was that the email subject indicated that it was a quest completion followup. I know we handle the quest completion emails differently: since it isn't possible to respond individually to all of them, they're also handled by the autoresponder. And if you're not receiving the other autoresponses either, that may be the connection.

Just out of curiosity, if you send a non-quest-related email to support@1password.com are you able to receive the normal BitBot autoresponse with a Support ID? We'll investigate this on our end as well and get back to you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Just to follow up, we were able to confirm my suspicion: replies to the quest completion email don't receive a Support ID. Those are sent as automatic replies to any emails not referencing the quest. The email generated when clicking the quest complete button on the 1Password Teams/Families web interface is a special case, since we don't want to be bombarding people with support information when they probably just want their reward. ;)

• Hey @dahanbn,

We received your test email. Did you get an auto-response back from BitBot with the support ID (BRP-13417-819)?

Ben

ref: BRP-13417-819

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016

unfortunately not. But I got your personal reply to my test email. I just sent another test email from my gmail account (same email as used in this forum). Maybe I will get a BitBot reply there.

@dahanbn: Dang it! Well, at least we're getting somewhere. We've received the Gmail message. Did you get an autoresponse there? I didn't reply there yet because I'd like to see if it came through for you at all, and then we can also check the autoresponder itself.

How fast should the BitBot reply happen? In Gmail I have a spam folder to look into. But even 10 minutes after sending there was no automatic reply. Shouldn't that happen immediately?

It should be nearly instantaneous. Sometimes it seems like it take a few minutes for it to come through on my end, but I suspect that's got more to do with my email client's refresh interval than anything else.

Do you have a sent message from the BitBot with headers for my first test email? With that I could contact the support of my email provider.

Indeed! We'll get back to you on that shortly. :)

Update: I've replied to your most recent message with some additional information.

ref: GKB-19911-237

• It definitely seems strange that you are able to receive other emails from us, but not the BitBot auto-responder. I've just sent a test message in myself from my personal Gmail account, and promptly received a reply from BitBot.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dahanbn: I just wanted to follow up here to confirm that we received your two other test emails from different addresses. I've replied to both of those already, but I thought it best to mention it here to in case the messages aren't getting through on your end, and to cross-reference them. Normally we'd merge these, but in this case it's probably best to keep them separate for troubleshooting purposes. Please let me know if they got through!

ref: DZX-85568-531
    ref: DTM-44557-938

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I opened two support ticket at my main mail providers (Mailbox.org & Posteo.de). They are currently investing on their end.

@dahanbn: Please let us know how it turns out, or if there's any other information that might help!

But I also didn't receive an autoresponder message on my gmail account. That is strange, isn't it?

No kidding! I can't explain it, especially since probably most of us here and myself in particular are using Gmail in one form or another. Are you using the web interface, or an email client? Apart from that, I'm out of ideas. :dizzy:

This discussion has been closed.