Vault not found

Options
robertboyer24
robertboyer24
Community Member

I have a new phone, trying to sync from iphone to android. I save it in dropbox on the iphone with this file path: apps/1password/1password.opvault

When i try to restore on android, it keeps saying not found.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@robertboyer24: Sorry for the confusion! 1Password for Android cannot yet read the OPVault format, but you can use the AgileKeychain format, Wi-Fi Sync, or 1Password Families/Teams instead:

Current sync options in 1Password for Android

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any questions! :)

• robertboyer24
    robertboyer24
    Community Member
    Options

So how do i make my iphone save it as agilekeychain format?

• peri
    Options

Hi @robertboyer24. You can't create an Agile Keychain vault on iOS, so you'll need to do it on Android. Launch 1Password on Android and select "Create Your First Vault," and create a new vault with the exact same Master Password that you use on iOS.

Once inside the new vault on Android, click on the Categories tab from the navigation drawer. Then tap on the blue plus sign at the bottom of the screen to create a new vault item. You can create any type of item, and it doesn't need to contain any data. Then tap Save. Go to your sync settings on Android and configure sync with Dropbox. This will create the .agilekeychain folder in Dropbox.

Then go back to 1Password on iOS and change syncing. This time, choose the 1Password.agilekeychain folder rather than the .opvault folder. Let me know if that does the trick! Thanks!

• Ahmed_Shaalan
    Ahmed_Shaalan
    Community Member
    Options

Works for me, but here are small details
    1-I had to drop my Dropbox sync account on iOS and then recreate it again to discover the .agilekeychain folder.
    2- I had to stop the app on the Android phone while doing this.
    After doing the above, following your instructions, the sync between the 2 apps on iOS and android works smooth

• peri
    Options

Thanks for getting in touch with us, @Ahmed_Shaalan. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get your devices syncing! :)

• robertboyer24
    robertboyer24
    Community Member
    Options

All set. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.