Can I send a private message to a forum user?

Options
Ward
Ward
Community Member

Facebook offers the ability to send a private message to another user in a FB group.

I just encountered a situation where I wanted to make a private response to a forum post. Clicking the poster's name took me to a profile page, but I didn't find a way to send a message directly to that person.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ward,

At this time it is not possible to send private messages to another user. Unfortunately, when that feature was available, many users would send messages to a member of our support team requesting help instead of posting in a public thread. Don't get me wrong: it's not that we don't want to talk to users - that's why we're here! - but private messages are problematic as support tools because each team member has a different schedule, so a private message sent to one person might be left for days if that person is on vacation, or just having a weekend.

I do apologize that this is causing a bit of trouble for you, but hopefully my explanation helps!

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

I miss it. Why couldn't we have it so a person has to have so many posts to be able to message?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @prime,

I'm sorry that you miss this feature - it's pretty great that our forum users want to be able to connect with each other, that shows that we're building a pretty awesome community here, and I quite like that.

I'm honestly not sure if it would be possible to add provisions like that... but it's certainly something to consider. :)

This discussion has been closed.