Is it just me or......

jp28md
jp28md
Community Member
edited March 2016 in Lounge

Hi. Long time 1Password user and stalker of the Mac/iOS forums. Is it just me or do people who have problems with something either on the Mac side or the iOS side ask their question/rant and then someone/agilebits answers the question or asks for more info like "what version are you using" and the OP is never heard from again. (Should agilebits have a solved "Star")

Prime example is: [Link removed by moderator]

P.S. And god, is this the case to on Apple.com support discussion forums too, and I hate it when the OP never responds to their original post.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jp28md: I hope you don't mind, but I've removed the link so we avoid singling anyone out and can have a lighthearted discussion regarding the nether regions of the soul(!) And besides, I think anyone who's spent time on bulletin boards, newsgroups, or discussion forums knows what you're talking about without specific examples. ;)

I've definitely noticed this myself, and I find it fascinating — almost comical, but only if we're erring on the side of optimism. After all, most people come to a support forum (AgileBits, Apple, or otherwise) because they have a problem. If that problem gets solved by finding the answer, getting a response, or going away on its own, well...I think a lot of people just kind of lose interest at that point: mission accomplished! :chuffed:

Again, I prefer to think of it that way because the alternatives (that they got frustrated and gave up, or became a victim of foul play) are kind of depressing.

I think that the relative anonymity and impersonal nature of the internet also lends itself to a culture of "get in, find what you needed, and get out". And in the end I think it's really okay if people who don't want to hang out here don't feel obligated to. Having a community of people who choose to interact with each other will always be more fun and engaging. In a perfect world, 1Password would just always do everything that we all need it to do, and we'd just be here nerding out about security stuff (though, in a perfect world, would there be a need? :dizzy: ). But until the pigmen roam free, we're happy to be here for all of our awesome customers' drive-by support needs. :pirate:

• jp28md
    jp28md
    Community Member

Made me laugh. Thanks. "Off with there heads" Classic clip!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Hey, thanks for your post! I'm glad I could return the favour. :lol:

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

I find that people will spend more time complaining about stuff rather than praising. it's sad. I see it so much that I will go out of my way to praise stuff for doing good. I give good reviews for apps (I left some for 1Password), do surveys to let others know I was helped or taken care of, or anything to get good word back.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @prime,

I think we all do that. When something is working perfectly, we just smile to ourselves and continue on our merry way. It's so hard to remember that positive feedback can be just as helpful as negative feedback. I'm glad that you make it a point to share good reviews whenever possible - it's something even I could do to improve on. :)

This discussion has been closed.