How to log in 1Password on new iPad Air

AZLinda
AZLinda
Community Member

I have an old iPad which is now being replaced with an iPad Air. I installed the app on the new iPad, but it doesn't give me an option to log in, just to create a new vault, sync to an existing one or sign in a Teams account. I just want to log in. How do I do that? I tried the sync to Dropbox, but it failed.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:log in on new ipad

Comments

• Hi @AZLinda,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Unless using a 1Password for Families or 1Password for Teams subscription account, there is no "account" to login to. By default your 1Password data is stored only on the device you create it on. To get your data from the old iPad to the new you'll need to sync it over:

Sync | 1Password for iOS

I hope that helps!

Ben

P.S. You can read about our new 1Password for Families service here:

1Password for Families

• AZLinda
    AZLinda
    Community Member

Thank you. I have a new question. How do I delete a site that I have in the 1Password vault? Somehow, I mixed up the user name and password, can't fix it and I think it would be easier to just delete the site and then enter it back into 1Password.

• Hi @AZLinda,

If you enter "edit" mode on an item and scroll all the way to the bottom you'll see a big red delete button that should do the trick. :)

Ben

• AZLinda
    AZLinda
    Community Member

Thank you. I never found a red delete button, but found a delete button so all is good.

• Hmm. It should be red:

But either way, so long as you were able to accomplish what you set out to do. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.