Reinstalling 1Password for Mac cleared authorized devices

This discussion was created from comments split from: Deauthorize Devices.

Comments

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

@MDBrown @brenty @JOeMTC This isn't the best solution but a few days ago I had to re-install 1Password on my mac and after doing so all of those "authorized devices" were wiped clean. You could periodically do that.

• @iamecho That sounds more like a bug than a solution. ;) Is that something you're able to reproduce?

Ben

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

@bwoodruff Hi Ben - sorry, I didn't mean to confuse things. For reasons that aren't important I deleted & reinstalled 1Password on my Mac last week, and in doing so I happened to notice that it cleared out the authorized devices. So just an observation, that's all. No bugs here .. a bug-free zone currently.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016

@iamecho: Can you tell me exactly what you're referring to with the "authorized devices"?

As far as I know, the only place to view these is in the 1Password Teams/Families web interface (under My Profile), so reinstalling an app on your Mac would have no effect on that. I suspect that we may be talking about two very different things. This is what I'm talking about:

As you can see, if the list was ever cleared, it would have been a while ago. I've got them piling up still. ;)

Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to include any personal or sensitive information, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance! :)

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@brenty We are talking about the same thing but I've totally confused the issue and I apologize for that, and now that you point it out, of course what I wrote makes no sense as it's on the web interface. Sorry for that. I added Families to another computer and when I got it up and running I realized the authorized devices had been cleared out which would make sense on a new computer, so again, sorry for wasting your time on this!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@iamecho: Ohhh, you setup a different account for a member of your Family. That makes sense. That's awesome! Not a waste of time at all, and I think this was a learning experience for both of us. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.