do you have plans to support pattern login or do you currently support?

Options
joel_C
joel_C
Community Member

Is the option to support pattern login on your roadmap?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:do you have plans to support pattern login or do you currently support?

Comments

• Hi @joel_C,

Thanks for writing in. Since you're asking this on the Mac forum, I assume you mean to ask if we have plans to support this in 1Password for Mac. Do you mean you'd like to use a pattern login system in order to unlock 1Password, or are you asking about having 1Password be able to login to websites that might use a pattern login system of their own?

If the question is about 1Password allowing you to login to websites that use a pattern login system, the answer is "not likely." The web has no real standards for login pages and it's difficult enough for us as it is with standard login fields. More complex pages that require faking user interaction are going to be a really big challenge.

If the question is about unlocking 1Password with a pattern system... I don't see us adding that. The Mac has a much better password input system than touchscreen phones: the keyboard. While it'd be neat to have it as an option, I think users would be better served to be encouraged to have a strong textual Master Password that they type in. Assuming my math is correct (it's early, I'm still on my first cup of coffee), it should take a relatively short text password in order to equal the strength of what could be generated on a pattern system like say the one Android uses to unlock a phone.

I hope this answers your question.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.